Friday, August 22, 2014

Keep 'um busy Cinderelli

I thought I had published this post earlier this week, but apparently not. Forgetful Knotted. So... Yeah... It has been a really busy week or so for us in the Knotted household. The Princess got a last minute invite for her friend's, the Twins, 3rd birthday. So we had 2 days to either buy or make a gift for two children.
And of course there must be two of the exact same thing for each of them, because they do not share and they fight like wild animals. So we decided to go the route of clothes. I know that it's no fun to recieve clothes as a gift when your a child, but they have a ton of toys and children grow so fast that they always need new clothes.

So I spent a day and a half making them cute matching outfits. I did not have a pattern that I wanted to destroy by cutting, and I did not have any tracing paper handy, so I opted to make a pattern out of things I had laying around the house. So I grabbed a 4t shirt from the "to big for the princess, but it was on sale and she'll grow into it" box, a paper bag and a pencil. Half way through the second dress I realized I should have been taking pictures to use in a tutorial. But once the dresses were done, the princess wanted to wear one, so I had to make one for her too. I did remember to take photos of the process this time. So my next post will be a tutorial on how to make the dress, pattern and all.





Grumpy Daddy got a client from a listing on the Ring Finders website. He spent all weekend metal detecting, which he was very excited about. He got a pretty bad sun burn from all that time outdoors and now he is shedding. Which is kind of a full body shiver inducing thing to look at.  But now it's back to the grindstone for him. He is starting the last class needed to get an Associates Degree in Buisness. This will be his second degree in recieved in the last two years. Which is absolute awesome sauce!

I'm behind on laundry due to the afternoon rains and have been trying to catch up. There have been days with such torrential down pores that I have expected the house we rent to turn into a houseboat and float on down to the big ol' blue. I did manage to fix the Craft Fairy Vomit in the guest room. Princess ZaZa's pants riot is still on going. So much so that I've resorted to keeping her in full on feetsy pajamas to keep her from taking her diaper off and scratching herself raw. She has now figured out how to take the pajamas off and has greeted me on several occasions with a soiled diaper... I'm losing the battle people. We are re-upping our toilet training war, but have yet to make "poof" happen where it is supposed to happen. I need about a two day nap and a box of doughnuts...

~Knotted

.

No comments:

Post a Comment